CALMS EDGE Device Manual
REV. : 2020.1.0.2
DATE : July 2020
Online application : https://app.calms.com
Contact : firstname.lastname@example.org
Before installing, starting or using this unit for the first time, this manual should be studied carefully to obtain a working knowledge of the unit and or the duties to be performed while operating and maintaining unit.
PRINT AND RETAIN THIS MANUAL WITH UNIT. This technical manual contains IMPORTANT SAFETY DATA and should be kept with the unit.
Before starting up the device please read this manual in full and carefully observe instructions stated. The manufacturer cannot be held liable for any damage which occurs as a result of non-observance or non-compliance with this manual.
The CALMS CAL-EDGE-X (X stands for 0 or 8, where number represents number of integrated analog inputs) is a highly sophisticated and affordable remote data logger for compressed air systems. Device connects directly to CALMS web application which provides real time access to data from any web browser for any end user and their service partner.
- The easiest and cheapest solution for doing air audit online with independent experts
- Shows where to save on energy costs
- Helps improve your energy efficiency
- Save your time and improve the organization
- Calculates costs in relation to actual consumption
- Increases the reliability of your equipment
- Creates forecast of energy consumption
- Increases your environmental image
- Improves the investment process (energy equipment)
- Plug & Play device, remote monitoring/alarming/reporting and air auditing, designed for compressed air systems
- WEB based application for total air management ties CALMS monitoring together with CALMS leak management
- Datalogger for compressed air system provides readings for web based detailed analysis and simulation tools
- Energy management tools – Specific power, M/T, CUSUM analysis
- Detailed analysis of compressed air system with auto generated reporting, warning of poor efficiency with potential savings calculation compared to best in class efficiency from CALMS knowledge database
- SIMULATION module integrated
- Compressed Air Performance Scorecards
- Secure internet connection between device and CALMS web application
- Multiple data export options (CSV, XML), and easy online printing
- Automated monthly reports send by email
- Alarms & Warnings email or SMS notification including analysis data
- Multiple access for end users and experienced CA service providers
- Remote software upgrade capability
- LTE cellular modem
- No need for local operator panels – access from anywhere with tablet or smartphone
- Robust industrial design
WARNING: Risk of Danger
WARNING: Risk of Electric Shock
WARNING: Consult Manual
- Before installing or operating the CALMS CAL-EDGE-X , take time to carefully read all the instructions contained in this manual, all compressor manuals, and all manuals of any other peripheral devices that may be installed or connected to the unit.
- Electricity and compressed air have the potential to cause severe personal injury or property damage.
- The operator should use common sense and good working practices while operating and maintaining this system. All applicable codes should be strictly adhered to.
- Maintenance must be performed by adequately qualified personnel that are equipped with the proper tools.
- Installation work must only be carried out by a competent person under qualified supervision.
- A fused isolation switch must be fitted between the main power supply and the CALMS CAL-EDGE-X .
- The CALMS CAL-EDGE-X should be mounted in such a location as to allow operational and maintenance access without obstruction or hazard and to allow clear visibility of indicators at all times.
- If raised platforms are required to provide access to the CALMS CAL-EDGE-X they must not interfere with normal operation or obstruct access. Platforms and stairs should be of grid or plate construction with safety rails on all open sides.
- The CALMS CAL-EDGE-Xmust only be operated by competent personnel under qualified supervision.
- Never remove or tamper with safety devices, guards or insulation materials fitted to the CALMS CAL-EDGE-X .
- The CALMS CAL-EDGE-X must only be operated at the supply voltage and frequency for which it is designed.
- When main power is switched on, lethal voltages are present in the electrical circuits and extreme caution must be exercised whenever it is necessary to carry out any work on the unit.
- Do not open access panels or touch electrical components while voltage is applied unless it is necessary for measurements, tests or adjustments. Such work should be carried out only by a qualified electrician equipped with the correct tools and wearing appropriate protection against electrical hazards.
Maintenance and repair
- Maintenance, repairs or modifications must only be carried out by competent personnel under qualified supervision.
- If replacement parts are required use only genuine parts from the original equipment manufacturer, or an alternative approved source.
- Carry out the following operations before opening or removing any access panels or carrying out any work on the CALMS CAL-EDGE-X :
- Isolate the CALMS CAL-EDGE-X from the main electrical power supply.
- Lock the isolator in the ‘OFF’ position and remove the fuses.
- Attach a label to the isolator switch and to the unit stating ‘WORK IN PROGRESS - DO NOT APPLY VOLTAGE’. Do not switch on electrical power or attempt to start the CALMS CAL-EDGE-X if such a warning label is attached.
- Make sure that all instructions concerning operation and maintenance are strictly followed and that the complete unit, with all accessories and safety devices, is kept in good working order.
- The accuracy of sensor devices must be checked on a regular basis. They must be calibrated when acceptable tolerances are exceeded. Always ensure any pressure within the compressed air system is safely vented to atmosphere before attempting to remove or install a sensor device.
- The CALMS CAL-EDGE-X must only be cleaned with a damp cloth, using mild detergents if necessary. Avoid the use of any substances containing corrosive acids or alkalis.
- Do not paint the control faceplate or obscure any indicators, controls, instructions or warnings.
Calms general conditions and policy of data protection
Calms website server owner provider
The CALMS website server owner and administrator (Provider) of www.calms.com is
CALMS Air Inc, 19 West 34th Street, NY10001 New York, USA, E: email@example.com
General conditions agreement
By using the CALMS website, the user agrees to the CALMS general conditions agreement and Policy of Protecting of business data and accepts them.
Provider strives to provide the most precise and current data on its website server, however, the website text is informative, therefore it is not liable for their accuracy. Data provided by CALMS devices and CALMS mobile devices depend on installation and setup from third party and are not responsibility of the provider, as well as reports, alarms generated by those data. Users interpret the contents on their own responsibility.
Limitation of liability
Neither Provider nor any other legal or natural person involved in the creation of this website server is responsible for any temporary disruption to this website, any possible information inaccuracies, or any damages that result in using inaccurate or incomplete information. Provider is not liable for any damage or inconveniences that result from the existence of this website server, from accessing to and/or using and/or inability to use information on this website and/or for any flaws or deficiencies in their contents, regardless of whether they have been notified on the possibility of such damages.
Since the Provider’s website server receives data from external devices and features certain links to websites that are not in any way connected to the Provider and over which Provider has no control. Provider cannot guaranty for them nor receive or transmit complaints about the accuracy of the content on any of the data or websites that are linked or referenced and is not responsible for data protection on these websites.
Personal data protection
The administrator may use and process the user’s personal data that are submitted when visiting the Provider website in accordance with the applicable regulations on personal data protection (Personal Data Protection Act ZVOP-1).
In accordance with ZVOP-1, the administrator may process personal data upon the user’s personal consent. Personal consent is the individual’s voluntary statement that their personal data may be processed for a certain purpose and is given based on information provided by the administrator. The individual’s personal consent can be written, oral, a click on a dialog box allowing cookie use, subscription on CALMS / CALMS application , or other applicable user consent forms.
For personal data protection purposes, the administrator will implement organizational, technical, and other appropriate procedures and measures to prevent unauthorized data deletion, change, loss, or unauthorized processing. As the web portal features certain links to other websites that are in no way connected to the provider, the administrator does not assume liability for data protection on these websites. The administrator is also not responsible for any mistakes that result in submitting false data upon registering at the portal website.
The cookies we install on your browser enable us to run all the website functions, adapt certain contents to you, and improve our website with page analytics.
You can opt out of using the cookies. In that case, the website will not load any permanent cookies to your browser apart from our own cookies we use for the page analytics. By opting out, you may not be able to view the entire page properly.
Facebook button, Tweeter button, and Google button.
Changes to general conditions
The administrator reserves the right to change or add to the general conditions for the web portal at any time and without prior notice. The user will be notified on any changes to the general conditions with special pop-ups that will appear when accessing the website.
Policy of protection of business data
Provider (CALMS) provides internet based application located on cloud server as a service for Customer (Partner or End-user) for Compressed Air leak management and energy management
Provider and customer want to cooperate, that is why they want to establish confidentially relationship, and they conclude this policy with intention to prevent unauthorized disclosure of confidential information.
All information that customer will put on internet application will be shown only to customer users with password protection.
All data are located on secured web cloud database, with access for users that are confirmed by the customer .
Data related to CALMS or CALMS can be deleted anytime by customer assigned user only without provider notice. When data are deleted they will be completely removed from server database and backup – so no restore possible.
This policy is covering relationship between Provider (CALMS) and his customer only and does not cover confidentially relationship between Partner and his End-user.
The personal data managers as defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) of the European Union are:
HPE d.o.o., Dolenjska cesta 83, 1000 Ljubljana, Slovenia Europe E: firstname.lastname@example.org
CALMS Air Inc, 19 West 34th Street, NY10001 New York, USA, E: email@example.com
Personal information and the purpose of processing personal information
If you wish to receive contents from Provider (newsletter, invitations to events, publications and other Provider products), please fill out the registration form at the Provider website or purchase CALMS or CALMS product. By filling out and confirming this the registration form, you will submit the following contact details to Provider:
Name and Surname
Contact details submitted when filling out or submitting the form/order/application/registration are needed for processing your order and for communication regarding specific newsletter, events, publications and other Provider products to which you are subscribed. In case you do not provide the requested contact details, we will not be able to process your order and you will not be able to use the benefit of newsletter, events, publications and other Provider products.
Provider respects your privacy and is committed to being as diligent as possible regarding the collection, storage and processing of your personal data, and to always working in accordance with the current personal data protection regulation.
In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure of acquired data, to preserve the correctness of personal data and to assure that they are properly used, we are using suitable technical and organisational procedures for the protection of data we are collecting. Provider cannot exclude potential data abuse because internet is an unpredictable medium, despite all security measures and secure communication protocols.
Personal data submitted when registering for the newsletter, events, publications and other Provider products are processed with your clear and unambiguous consent based on Article 6 (1), (a) General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). We also process information about opened received messages and clicks on links in received messages in order to improve the quality of our products and services, and for statistical purposes regarding e-mails that we send you.
You can withdraw your consent at any time by clicking the “Unsubscribe” link which is located in the footer of each message received from Provider, or via e-mail at the following address: firstname.lastname@example.org. In case your consent is withdrawn, we will no longer use your personal data for informing you about Provider contents (newsletter, events, publications and other Provider products). Potential withdrawal of the consent does not affect the legality of your personal data processing in the period before the withdrawal was submitted.
In accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union, you have the right to access your personal data, the right to modification, deletion, transferability, the right to request limitation of data processing and the right to object.
Please contact our authorised person for data protection regarding all your rights and for additional information, they are available at email@example.com. We will process your application and respond in accordance with the GDPR.
PERSONAL DATA RETENTION PERIOD
Provider keeps your personal data as long as it is necessary for the purpose of sending you the content (newsletter, invitations to events and other Provider products) to which you subscribed. In case you no longer wish to receive content from Provider and you decide to unsubscribe or in case you withdraw your consent for processing of personal data for this purpose, we will block your data in the system and will no longer use it for this purpose.
WHAT ARE COOKIES?
A cookie is a file that stores website settings. Websites store cookies in devices used by users to access the internet with the purpose of identifying individual devices and settings users used during access. Cookies provide recognition if users already visited this website and advanced applications use them to adapt specific settings to users. Their storage is fully controlled with the browser of the user – they can limit or disable cookies.
WHY ARE COOKIES NECESSARY?
Cookies used on our website do not collect your personal data which could be used to personally identify you and they cannot harm your computer, tablet or mobile phone. Cookies facilitate the operation of our website and help us understand which information is most useful to visitors.
By using this website, you agree that this website will add cookies to your computer or mobile device.
MANAGEMENT AND DELETION OF COOKIES
If you wish to modify how the cookies are used in the browser, including blocking or deletion, you can do this by suitably modifying browser settings. Most browsers have the option to accept or reject all cookies, you can accept only a certain type of cookies or receive a warning that a website wants to save a cookie. Cookies saved by your browser can also easily be deleted. If you change or delete a cookie file in your browser, if you modify or upgrade your browser or your device, you will also have to disable the cookies again. The procedure for the management and deletion of cookies is different in each browser. If you need assistance, you can check the help files of the browser