CALMS is designed for compressed air experts for audits and surveys with detail analysis and actual savings actions identifications.
For your first audit follow First audit checklist.
CALMS will support
- Supply Audit
- This consist of just the compressor room/s.
- Demand Audit
- This consist of just the production parts of the plant, problem areas
- Supply & Demand Audit
- This consist of both the supply and demand parts of the plant.
- Waste Detection Audit (Leaks, Inappropriate used and Artificial demand)
- This consist of ultrasonic leak detection to find leaks in a plant.
- Full Audit
This consist of all of the above. Very Thorough look at your plant
and compressed air system.
Connecting measurements from instrumentation sensors, equipment or PLC control systems with CALMS edge devices:
Auditor hand tools
personal safety gears (helmet, googles, ear muffs, shoes, gloves, ..)
personal hand tools
smart phone with assessment app and photo
portable remote logger with amps clamp, pressure, PDP
multi-meter and current clamp meter
pipe diameter measuring tape
laser distance measurement device
portable temperature meter or thermal cameras
portable pressure transmitter
ultrasonic thickness gauge
portable ultrasound leak detector
Remote Audit workflow
Basic audit - supply side guidelines
- Audit planning : CA system details description with PID Schematic: https://app.calms.com/pid/
- Assessment details: customer name, contact person, address, PO, system description, problems
- CALMS Audit basic kit - explorer case prepare and ship with sensors and cables
- Customer installs Audit logger and sensors
- CT Amps for each compressor
- Pressure Wet and Dry receiver=System pressure
- Remote CALMS device Setup with app.calms.com/device & System Setup app.calms.com/setup
- Remote Audit tests - start scope live monitoring test app.calms.com/monitoring/inspect
- each compressor start/stop, load/unload
- variable speed SP change from min to max power output
- control system testing (with/without), settings, change SP
- Select typical week as slice for analysis and start Audit under Assessment
- Create Report under Audit
- Open .pdf report in MS Word to edit and add your comments and pictures from CALMS
- Select independent expert to perform detail audit and analysis
Full audit - complete system assessment
- A full assessment of your compressed air system include the complete system –
- Supply Side equipment (including - installation, control, maintenance, ventilation)
- Distribution Side pipelines, rings, leaks
- Demand Side users (pressure, use type, special requirements, leaks, AD, IU)
Standard audit measurements
- Each air compressor
- Power / Current – pressure – evaluation of controls and integration with other compressors – comparison of operating condition with equipment design – efficiency during all shifts.
- Each air dryer, refrigerated , desiccant
- Power and/or purge flow should be measured.
- Filter - Dryer - Supply side pressure drop.
- Did this facility outgrow its infrastructure?
- System demand side - Flow - Pressure
- Piping problem by raising the pressure? More pressure requires more energy.
- POU pressure drop and leaks
- Any hidden filtration in the ceiling throughout the facility?
- Is a Leak Study and Inappropriate Use hunt part of this project?
- Select an independent auditor that has experience with your type of equipment
- Select audit type
- Collect data with remote logger to CALMS platform
- Numbers – Charts – Interpretations - Recommendations
- Real Action suggestion
- Production data.
- Can you assign costs to a product line?
- Power costs – Water costs – Heating fuel costs
- Understand the problems within your existing system.
- Review maintenance records and costs. Are there maintenance recommendations that have not been acted upon.